At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Subject Matter Leader in Asset Management
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring operations of the service delivery of Asset Management (AM) activities and monitoring key process metrics that measure performance.
- Be and act as the high level expert, leading functional areas within the AM teams and providing guidance to other colleagues.
- Steer, actively participate and contribute at and to AM communities through global calls and other media.
- Interact with key business functions (e.g. Controlling, Procurement, Product Supply, Legal, Financial Accounting etc.) and with Regional Asset Management Business Partners (RAMBP), Global Process Governance (GPG) to ensure proper accounting for the particular areas of operation.
- Ensures operational effectiveness of the internal control system relevant to the preparation and presentation of the Financial Statements
- Contribute to global as well local projects, legal entities and system mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
- Challenge Status quo on business requirements following the ""fit for purpose"" concept, adding value through consultancy, solutions proposals and complexity reductions.
- Identify opportunities on business requirements based on the ""fit for purpose"" concept, adding value through consultancy, solutions proposals and complexity reductions.
- Anticipate and identify possible issues and subsequently manage changes. Perform and use escalation management.
- Initiate and lead optimization projects and continuous improvement initiatives in order to improve quality and efficiency
- Monitor and contribute actively to achieve Service Levels of Accounting in collaboration with SSCDN.
- Conduct training activities, Identify training needs within the team
- Be a role model in decision making process and encourage others
WHO ARE YOU:
- University degree preferable in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Economics or relevant degree.
- Certified tax advisor or accounting certificate - beneficial.
- With 5+ years of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Controlling or relevant experience & demonstrated understanding in external reporting / auditing.
- With 5+ years demonstrated high ability to work through ambiguity and usage of sound judgment in making decisions.
- Good level of understanding of Accounting or Steering Concepts.
- Advanced level of knowledge of technical accounting, and financial reporting in a corporate environment according to IFRS and local GAAP.
- English C1
- Knowledge of German or other languages.
- Expertise with enterprise-wide business systems (FI / CO modules of SAP) and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced level of experience with Bayer´s Financial Accounting IT Enablers
- Experience in International process trainings, workshops and conferences organization.
- Experience in leading technical projects (processes, organization and people).
- Advanced level of capabilities to lead change, projects and initiatives.
- Advanced level of capability to collaborate task/project oriented without geographical, organizational or functional boarders.
- Capability to develop alternative solutions to problems and handle complex problems independently.
- Development opportunities at a great place to work
- Work-Life Balance
- Private medical care (Dental Care included)
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Retirement Plan
- Financial bonuses
- Home Office / Work Remote
- Pre-paid cards for sport and cultural activities