At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the three main life sciences area of crop science, pharmaceuticals, & consumer health. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you can be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at the new Bayer Digital Hub in Warsaw to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
You will be responsible for:
- Engineers builds, steers, quality controls, supports, tests and maintains the infrastructure, ETL, Data Science and Data Analyst code and tools to allow fast flow of business value with the aid of automation pipelines and a well-structured high mature Release Management in place.
- Design, development and continuous deployment of complex cutting edge technical solutions in a fast moving highly regulated Research & Development environment of the Pharma business
- Support software and architectural development that support Pharma Research and development by applying expertise in natural sciences in mixed teams of IT and R&D experts
- Develop and execute a technical vision for large-scale distributed systems with a focus on business value
- Identify risks and gaps in technical approaches and proposed solutions to meet team and product goals
- Collaborate with other engineers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills in principles behind DevOps and utilizing DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software in an efficient way
- Continuously rethink and reevaluate the status-quo
- Support to expand DevOps capabilities across the organization towards DevOps at scale
- Excellent university degree in Computer Science (or equivalent natural science degree e.g. computational biologist/chemist/…)
- 2-5 years of professional experience with expert-level knowledge of two or more software development languages (Python, Java, Java Script and similar)
- Solid knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Docker or Kubernetes
- Profound experiences in principles behind Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches and hands-on experiences with test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation
- Leadership skills and respective experiences
- Basic understanding of GxP Guidelines
In the exchange we will offer you:
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring programme
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod gruszą”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
- New & exciting open office space coming in Spring ‘22
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer offers the possibility of working in a hybrid model. We know how important work-life balance is, so our employees can work from home, from the office or combine both work environments. The possibilities of using the hybrid model are each time discussed with the manager.
|Location:||Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa|
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa