At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Data Engineer
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Senior Data Engineer - Cloud
You will be responsible for:
- You support data asset leads in creation of data assets for both our business and our IT community
- You create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and drive automation - wherever possible and feasible actively ensure that automation is in place to increase efficiency and quality (deployments, monitoring, and remediation, etc.)
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements and identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability when necessary
- You build optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources including SAP and non-SAP systems
- You work with stakeholders such as Data Asset leads, Data and Design teams and assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- You work with data and analytics experts and strive for greater functionality in our data platform
- You evaluate best solution options as well as provide advantages and disadvantages as a decision helper (m/f/d) and provide recommendations based on prior experience
- You ensure that Bayer architecture principals, coding and compliance guidelines are followed and met
- You work in agile project style - regularly communicate status, blockers, opportunities as well as shape the future - influence our overall data strategy with your technical and tool know how
We would expect from you:
- You have proven experience with Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Snowflake, Azure Data FactoryYou have prior experience working in Cloud - knowledge of services, including infrastructure as code, setup of Vnet etc.Azure - preferred
- You have a good understanding of SAP ERP and SAP BW systems
- You have prior experience in building data warehouses, data marts, RDBMS and SQL
- You have experience in creating data models and be well versed in data engineering and data architecture principles
- You have expert knowledge in coding in Python or similar and related work with code; repositories like GitHub, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- University degree in computer science or similar education or equivalent work experience
- You have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
In the exchange we will offer you:
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring programme
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod gruszą”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
- New & exciting open office space coming in Spring ‘22
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer offers the possibility of working in a hybrid model. We know how important work-life balance is, so our employees can work from home, from the office or combine both work environments. The possibilities of using the hybrid model are each time discussed with the manager.
|Location:||Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa|
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa