At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Lead Software Engineer- NLP
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Lead Data Scientist - NLP
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for creating effective smart interaction solutions that solve challenges end-to-end by utilizing NLP (Natural Language Processing) & NLU (Natural Language Understanding), e.g., for
- virtual assistants in complex environments
- making knowledge bases for conversational solutions re-usable
- enabling multi-domain / multi-turn conversations
- language management incl. automatic translations
- voice management
- Translates business requirements into experimental design and data acquisition requirements to gather the right (variety, volume, quality) data both internally and through third parties.
- Keeps up to date on research and technology to discover insights and identify opportunities in this fields, e.g., conversational AI.
- Works globally, cross domain & cross technologies to support fast, small-scale prototypes as well as driving the scaling and industrialization of respective products.
- Creates opportunities for smart interaction product development by identifying pain points in the business to improve efficiency and decision making and new data-driven business models.
- Ensures a holistic approach and strategic fit of the solutions into the Bayer architecture by deciding on strategic decisions, e.g build vs. buy.
- Delivers analytical reports and presents results to stakeholder and users.
- Continuously learns and challenges the results through new techniques and experimental approaches.
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science/machine learning, physics, bioinformatics or a related field.
- Deep and broad understanding of NLP & NLU techniques (e.g. NER, Sentiment Analysis, Text Summarization, Topic Modeling, Semantic Parsing) and classical / modern deep learning-based NLP models like Word Embeddings (e.g. Word2Vec, GLoVe), Conditional Random Fields, Transformers-based (e.g. BERT or GPT families) or LSTM-based approaches (e.g. ELMo, ULMFiT).
- Deep expertise in conversational AI, incl. disambiguation of intends, multi-turn / multi-domain conversations, knowledge graph application, knowledge base creation and re-usability, etc.
- Hands-on expertise in intelligent automation use cases, e.g. automating interactions with users on various channels
- Advanced knowledge in terms of relational (SQL-type) databases. Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB) or big data infrastructure (hadoop, spark) beneficial.
- Good knowledge of conversational AI products, e.g., cognigy, avaamo, Kore.AI, IPsoft
- Intermediate know-how in terms of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
- Understanding of IT architectures, especially inbuilding cohesive platforms for automation
- Experience collaborating to achieve project objectives.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Strong conceptual, quantitative, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work successfully with people from a variety of different cultures and backgrounds.
- A flexible hybrid work model
- Career development, 360° Feedback & Mentoring programme
- Wide access to professional development tools, trainings, & conferences
- Competitive salary, annual bonus & top performers awards
- VIP Medical Care Package (including Dental & Mental health)
- Pension plan
- Holiday allowance (“Wczasy pod gruszą”)
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Co-financed sport card with unlimited usage
- Meals Subsidy in Office
- Home Office Setup & Maintenance allowance
- New & exciting open office space coming in Spring ‘22
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer offers the possibility of working in a hybrid model. We know how important work-life balance is, so our employees can work from home, from the office or combine both work environments. The possibilities of using the hybrid model are each time discussed with the manager.
|Location:||Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa|
Poland : Mazowieckie : Warszawa