At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Junior Subject Matter Leader in General Ledger Center of Expertise
YOUR TASKS ANS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be and act as the senior expert in area of Accounting within assigned team, supporting and providing functional guidance to other colleagues.
- Contribute at and to expert communities through global calls and other media.
- Interact with key business functions (e.g. Controlling, Procurement, Product Supply, Legal etc.) to ensure proper accounting for the areas of operation.
- Partner with the Global Office (GO) and Global Process Governance (GPG) to ensure globally defined standards and activity splits, as well as liaise with the SSCDN network regarding R2R issues and to implement desired and necessary processes and changes.
- Ensures operational effectiveness of the internal control system relevant to the preparation and presentation of the Financial Statements that are free from material misstatement in close cooperation with Bayer´s Shared Service Center Network and Outsourcing Provider of LE/group of LE.
- Contribute to local as well small global projects, legal entities and system mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
- Identify opportunities on business requirements based on the "fit for purpose" concept, adding value through consultancy, solutions proposals, and complexity reductions.
- Identify possible issues and subsequently manage changes. Perform and use escalation management.
- Support optimization projects and continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and efficiency.
- Monitor and contribute to achieve Service Levels of Accounting in collaboration with SSCDN.
WHO YOU ARE:
- University degree preferable in Accounting, Finance, Tax, Economics, or relevant degree.
- Certified tax advisor or accounting certificate - beneficial.
- At least 5 years professional experience in Accounting, Controlling, Taxes, Financial Analysis, or similar fields.
- Understanding of global accounting, controlling and tax processes and their point of intersection with other business processes.
- Advanced level of knowledge of technical accounting, and financial reporting in a corporate environment according to IFRS.
- English C1.
- Advanced with enterprise-wide business systems (FI / CO modules of SAP) and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced level of experience with Bayer´s Financial Accounting IT Enablers.
- Experience in conducting and preparing trainings and/or workshops.
- Prior experience in supporting technical projects (processes, organization, and people).
- Advanced level of capabilities to lead change, projects, and initiatives.
- Advanced level of capability to collaborate task/project oriented without geographical, organizational, or functional boarders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance.
- Foundational level of ability to use Data Analytics, visualization tools and methodologies to manage Financial Data quality (data structures and hierarchies, interconnected) for various stakeholder and different purposes.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, initiative, and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and usage of sound judgement in making decisions.
- Advanced skills and courage for proactive communication and consultancy/alignment with stakeholders and business contacts.
- Advanced level of ability to establish and maintain a sustainable stakeholder network.