Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Digital Hub Senior Software Engineer
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Digital HUB Senior Software Engineer
You will be responsible for:
- Work as a part of an Agile development team to build and support applications new and existings ones
- Work with the team and product manager to manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Provide guidance and support for technical design and architecture decisions within the team
- Technology stack you will work with: as an example: Java 8/11, Spring Boot, OpenShift, Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Hibernate, Junit, Maven.
- Cooperation with other teams, business units and continents on a day to day basis and work in heterogeneous teams comprised of people with different skills, business unit assignments and locations
- Champion code quality including unit and integration testing.
- Anticipate and address technical obstacles affecting own team and related teams
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
We would expect from you:
- Higher education degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering of IT
- 5+ years of experience in software development would be a plus
- Single page web application development experience
- Micro-service design and development, Unix/Linux environment management
- Minimum 3 years designing cloud-based software solutions or certification equivalent experience
- Mobile application and Micro-service design development
In the exchange we will offer you:
- Purposeful work: You will work on various innovative projects that will help farmers in their everyday work, fulfilling our mission: Hunger for None
- Learning and development: We offer generous allowances for conferences and trainings. You will also have personal development dialogues, with an international career path.
- Special family support: Bayer is a family friendly company. Our offices are equipped with mother & baby rooms.
- Work-life balance: We offer flexible working hours and extensive home-office possibilities.
- International, inclusive & open working environment: You will collaborate with our diverse teams all over the world from the different areas and domains in an inclusive and supportive environment
- Benefits and remuneration: We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages that includes pension plan, private medical care- VIP package with a full-time employment contract
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 397181
Functional Area: Technologia informacyjna