Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist-Remote Sensing
“Health for all and Hunger for none” is our mission at Bayer. Every day, we are privileged to work on purposeful cutting-edge projects to bring our mission to life. Join us at Bayer to have a career that you can put your passion into practice and make an impact using Science for a better life.
For our newly established IT Hub, we are looking for:
Digital HUB Data Science – Remote Sensing
You’ll be responsible for:
- Professionally contributing in a multidisciplinary environment to establish a data-driven product pipeline
- Developing and deploying new solutions using remotely sensed data, to improve field operations and enable better choice making/predictions
- Shape cross-functional relationships with the business and effectively connecting with our Data Science Community
- Using advanced mathematical models, machine learning algorithms, and strong business expertise to deliver actionable insights
- Developing comprehensive reporting on model inputs, model outputs, its observed outcomes as well as its business impact, and key performance indicators
- Presenting crucial and factual narrative to peers, senior management, and internal customers to create strategic and operational changes in business
We would expect from you:
- Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience in at least in one of the following areas: Remote Sensing, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or another closely related quantitative discipline
- Very good programming experience in language ex. Python
- Solid background working with geospatial and imagery data such as remote sensing, hyperspectral, multispectral imagery, open-source geospatial technologies, and large-scale cloud computing
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis on geo-spatial data ex. remote sensing/UAV images, spatial phenotypes
- Motivation to develop and work from a strong understanding of our business
- Strong communication skills, including presentations and delivery of complex quantitative analyses briefly and understandably to other teams and small groups of key stakeholders
In the exchange we will offer you:
- Meaningful job: You will work on various innovative projects that will help farmers in their everyday work, fulfilling our mission: Hunger for None
- Learning and development: We offer generous allowances for conferences and trainings. You will also have personal development dialogues, with an international career path
- Special family support: Bayer is a family friendly company. Our offices are equipped with mother & baby rooms
- Work-life balance: We offer flexible working hours and extensive home-office possibilities.
- International, inclusive & open working environment: You will collaborate with our diverse teams all over the world from the different areas and domains in an inclusive and supportive environment
- Benefits and payroll: We offer competitive salary and benefits packages that includes pension plan, private medical care - VIP package with a full-time employment contract
Our inclusive culture at Bayer:
Bayer is an equal opportunity employer. We care about inclusion in terms of gender, age, race, skin color, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities and on every other grounds. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 448223
Functional Area: Technologia informacyjna